The only thing better than a chocolate chip cookie is a chocolate chip cookie with a kick! Here's what you need to make our favourite cannabutter chocolate chip cookies.
Before we get started, you can absolutely make these cookies with regular butter and they are delicious! BUT if you are looking to make a cannabis-infused cookie, you’ll need cannabis butter or cannabis oil for this recipe. If you have dried flower and are looking to make your own infused butter, here’s a simple recipe.
- ½ cup of cannabutter (or cannabis-infused oil)
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 and ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (semi-sweet is best!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soften butter in microwave for 30 seconds.
- Grab a large bowl and mix the melted butter with the granulated sugar and the brown sugar.
- Mix in the vanilla and the egg.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the mix. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Grab a tablespoon and your baking tray. Scoop out spoonfuls of dough onto the baking tray. The dough should be placed two inches apart on the tray.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes.
Start Low and Go Slow
To calculate the amount of THC in each cookie, check out this handy calculator. It can take up to two hours to feel the effects of a cannabis-infused cookie. So make sure to wait at least two hours between doses.
Secure Your Stash
Always keep edibles in a clearly labelled container. They should also be stored out of sight and out of reach of children and pets.
Stay in the Know
Are you up-to-date on the basics of cannabis? Take our Cannabis 101 series for a refresh!